Skip to main content

Week One Reflection

 This week was pretty AMAZING! Tempers we’re fairly under control and we had a home cooked Dinner every night, except for pizza night. We watched lots of movies this week: Ramona & Bezus, angels in the out field, little big league, Sandlot and Rookie of the Year. 


Molly is LOVING her math curriculum and studied 3 hours on Monday! By the end of the week she had 6 hours and scored an 83 on her test! She even did some advanced Math work on a Friday night! 


We made Nims Island out of salt dough. We did a science experiment with M&Ms. Cason only missed 8 letters out of the entire stack! Cannon learned “more” and “fewer” in word problems. Audiobooks for their textbooks Would be a world Of help and I think we need a speaker to go along with it. 


Molly and I started our first online assignments with BraveWriter101 and I’m so very excited to see how that goes. This week was about clear communication. 


We cut nouns out of magazines and went to the swimming pool. Cannon passed his swim test and can swim under the rope! We did a library trip and the boys went to gymnastics and Molly had an interesting work day. Pet smart was an adventure too when we went to buy bunny and Lizard habitat stuff. The kids had church Wednesday night and had a good time. 


Mallorys trays went alright. She mostly just made a mess of the supplies but she’s happy and didn’t cause too much in the way of distraction. 


We watched documentaries on Zoos and even one on the hanging gardens of Babylon. We also got 2 of the 3 bunnies this week!!! Clara and Batty....Ramona is going to be home in 8/13. Speaking of we finished the last of the Ramona books this week and are sad there’s none left. We had 6 hours outside!  


I wish we’d read more picture books

And played more board games, and eaten lunch at home more than just 2 days. Cannons sight words need to be a bigger priority. I’d love to spend more time On their independent study bc I think it will be wonderful. 


I cannot wait for our NOT BACK TO SCHOOL party on Monday and I am thrilled by how our morning routine is going. We only did 2 mornings of morning cart books but next week starts Noah so that should be fun! Check lists are helpful to me and the evening routine list was very helpful. Next week I’d like to get a workout in each morning.





Comments