Friday was a trip to the library to return and check out new books. Cannons reading is coming along so great and I’m really proud of him. Today he wanted comic books and found a few from the ACORN publisher that are written on his level. Mr. Cliff helped get the bike trailer bike set up and we had out first 4 person bike ride on Tuesday!
Thursday I set up a splash park under the climbing dome with the water table and splash pad. We did our spelling and reading with the bath letters & sidewalk chalk. Mollys free write was AMAZING and I was really impressed she write for the entire 7 minutes without complaining this time. Our first free write was excruciating. Cason can match upper and lower case with no trouble and I realized while we were sorting this week that he can sort the words by initial sound if he can SEE them written. So I’m going to start with sounds from AAS and see where that takes us.
For reading we started the Seekers series and have met all 3 bears that will eventually become the main characters. It’s written ALOT like a Wolf Called Wander and the kids are making connections. We watched a few wild Kratts and listened to the Mixed Up Zoo Mystery and also Mrs Noah’s Doves. The boys finished 2 boxcar children books while molly was working & at Putters & Gutters with Kinley.
Mollys taking some time to go back in chapters 1-3 and doing the practice book work. She’s still having a good attitude towards it so Im thrilled. She worked hard on Sunday night and knocked out her science reading to be able to go out with Kinley on Monday. Tuesday was a Tough work day for her but she’s learning.
There was supposed to be a schliterbahn trip this week but it got cancelled. Which turned out okay because that would have been a few days off in a row. So I decided to throw the kids on the metro and we went to the Austin central library. The train ride was great. They did their school work, we read a Noah’s Ark book and had fun looking out the window. The library itself was kinda meh and the walking was a lot but we had pizza in Republic square park and then used the bathroom inside the US Federal Courthouse- where we set off the metal Detectors not once but twice.
The building is Coming along! The electricity is 75% done and the AC arrived. Rustins worked hard all week on getting his shop side ready and I have a furniture refinishing project I’m Excited to start.
We went as a family to the Empower1 fundraiser with Christine and David and all the Hamilton’s. What a powerful presentation they made. Definitely made me thankful for what I have and wonder what needs I can help meet on this side.
Mollys pageant dress came this week and looks beautiful. She spent Saturday afternoon baking and cleaning and tasting and washing and baking for the Bake Off. Her test recipes went fabulously and she got good feed back. She’ll be entering a bread, a cake and my cookies.
The boys started tennis and to my shock cannon is doing phenomenal. They both talked trash to their coach but Cannon actually backed it up. I took notes so We went out and got some practice at the park this week too.
Comments
Post a Comment