Skip to main content

Week Two Reflection

 


Things this week we’re a lot more laid back. We were flexible when molly had to

Go to work a second day this week. Damn life lessons about hard work. 

There was a Bluey Season 3 party to celebrate. Fairy bread is not our thing. 

We had our NOT back To School party on Monday and did messy science experiments like cutting a watermelon in half with rubber bands. Exploding sodas with mentos and made our fruit piano. We colored cookies at the playground and then had a paint ball fight. We also delivered canned goods to the blessing box as a good deed for our community. The night ended with a text from Maddies mom saying how much Molly was missed at school that day. That really helped Molly feel loved. 


I got in more workouts that left me sore which helped me have more energy overall. We had a home cooked dinner every night except for Tuesday when we celebrated Mollys Birthday with Nana. 


There were a few library trips this week and we finished A Wolf Called Wander, Nims Island and the Black Pearl Mystery. We watched Evan Almighty and Noah with Russel Crowe. Molly LOVED Noah and everyone laughed at Evan Almighty, even if I did manage to fall asleep. 


I had my first Bertram Homeschool Club planning meeting and it went SO well!! I think I’m going to enjoy this group. I’m set to Teach artist study. 


Cason starts Tennis next week and is SO excited. Molly had her pageant meeting for Miss Oatmeal this week. Piano went great and Molly started working on the wedding song for Christine and David’s wedding. 


We had to start a checklist for the animals after finding they’d gone Atleast 2 days without water and their food wasn’t getting into the trough. Two days in the checklist is working. Ramona came home! The original Ramona turned out to be a Ramon so we learned that bunnies have 3-5 babies every 30 days SOOOO we picked a slightly different Ramona. 


Our morning basket kinda spread all through the day as it’s our Noah basket right now so we’re just kinda chipping away at it a little at a time. 


Molly has FLOWN through math and is already on exponents. She’s loving Beast Academy. Cannon did AWESOME on his OPG lessons and his reading is really coming along well. He loves using the reading finger pointers and that’s the only way I can get him to do them. Cason started calling everything H again so we’re Pulling back and just focusing on letters. C/v/m we’re his biggest struggles not Including b,p,d,q. Which in all honesty are tricky. 


We played Uno, outfoxed, and Harry Potter Labrynth this week. On Saturday we played sum swamp and sneaky squirrel. Cannons interested in Tennis now too so I’m going to pick him up a racket and send him to lessons too. 


I can feel enthusiasm waining mostly mine. My evening check list is a HUGE help. It filled my heart to hear molly say school at her house is fun and that she is so proud of her math skills. That’s what I’d been praying would happen - confidence building. This week shes going to

Work on a few recipes for the Oatmeal festival. 


We had 6 hours outside again this week. I think atleast. It’s hard to track these spurts bc of the heat but it’s hopefully going to pour this week because of the storm in the gulf. We need it!




Comments