We're starting to get rolling as if this were second nature. It’s a good feeling!
Early in the week we began studying and reading about Corrie Ten Boom. There will be a play while we’re at the creation museum on her life. I cannot wait!
We’ve stepped away from Brave Writer for now but I think it will lend itself nicely to Four Square method so I def think there’s value we’ve found from it.
Cason got ALL but 2 of his letters this week (t & f) and so we’re going to start working on the sounds they make. I’m not sure if that’s AAS or someThing else. We shall see.
Cannon has done fabulous on his reading and I ordered my own DRA kit to get an idea of where he is. I think I will test him monthly just to see. Maybe not. Who knows.
Molly moved on to division rules in math and I threw a paper test at her on possible combinations using tree diagrams. She rocked 9/10 problems and felt good about them. No complaints. No tears. Just GOOD.
The boys took their first Math tests this week too and I feel confident that they have a strong understanding of addition/number bonds and numbers 1-10. We added some Stuart Murphy books to our math time and they’re such well written and enjoyable stories.
We finished book three in the Percy Jackson series and Cannon cannot wait to start book 4. He asked for anything GREEK so I know that he will LOVE all the fun things we have planned when we get to that part of our history curriculum.
Mollys “Amari” book released this past week and she was PUMPED. We’re enjoying it for sure. Sometimes hard to remember parts from book 1 but we’re making lots of connections to today’s society and what’s going on with the leaders in the book.
We finished up our bears unit and moved onto mink and otters. Everyone did well on their science test for the most part. Although Casons answers had me nearly in tears they were so funny.
I *think* we have everything ready for our trip to Kentucky. We leave day after tomorrow for the ark and creation museum. I can’t wait! Rustins going to go with us so that should make it easier and fun for everyone.
Tennis we had twice this week and the boys got to play with coach Cal who’s from England. They played Tennis dodge ball freeze tag put together. It was hysterical to watch. Cannons back hand is so strong and Cason is improving his swing every lesson.
No work for Molly this week and we had a park date with Declan’s family on Wednesday at All Abilities Park. We had a crazy spastic fun dinner with Mer at Rosas and I wouldn’t be surprised if she never ate with us again we were so all over the place.
Our classroom has officially been spray foamed, the A/C and Plugs/switches go in while we’re in KY. We are SOOOOO excited to move in.
Comments
Post a Comment